How to write an essay about myself
Writing an essay about myself is like writing a childhood essay. But the difference is, it is directed specifically at you. If you need to write an essay about myself it is key that you know who you are first. If you do not know who you are, take some time to talk to family and loved ones who have seen you grow and mature. This may be the easiest way to write an essay about myself.
If I were to write an essay about myself I need to first put this blog into the 1st person point of view. It will be too confusing if I keep it in the second or third person point of view. Knowing how to write an essay about myself is essential. Think of this blog as more of a guide for yourself, and a guide that you yourself are writing. With this in mind, my essay about myself will be more comprehensive. To get a better idea on how to write an essay about myself I can look at dissertations. I can even buy dissertations online if I choose to. But I need to remember that regardless of how I start off my essay, I will need a proposal. This proposal is kind of like a rough draft that I will need to show to my professor. It is kind of like a dissertation proposal which will eventually need to be approved.
First off, any good essay will have a particular structure that needs to be observed during the writing process. You must have an introduction, a body and a conclusion. The body will consist of more than one paragraph and the introduction and the conclusion usually only consists of one paragraph each. The introduction has a thesis and the conclusion restates the thesis. Read below to understand more.
What you should have:
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Body
- 3. Conclusion
There are the things you need to focus on when you break down your essay.
To have a good essay:Introduction
1. Ask a question (Your essay should have a thesis and your thesis could ask a question that gets your writing started. It also get your reader interested.)
2. Thesis (Your thesis is your crux. It’s what gives life to your writing.)
3. Three to Five sentences (Your introduction should be between 3 and 5 sentences and should include your thesis.)
To have a good essay:Body
1. Answer: this is where you will be answering your question you put in your thesis. Your answer will be broad.
2. Answer: you will continue to answer your question but you will use more description and more detail. Your thesis will become more obvious within your body.
3. Answer: your last few paragraphs in your body will conclude the main point of your thesis.
To have a good essay: conclusion
1. First 1-2 sentences: The first two sentences will summarize your entire essay. These should be short but concise, giving your reader a clear idea of what you are talking about.
2. Next 1-2 sentences will restate your main idea. Your main idea is located within your first paragraph.
3. Last sentence or two will and should restate your thesis statement which you created at the beginning of your essay in the 1st paragraph.
When you think of writing an essay, you think about the structure. Above you can see that there is a particular structure to any essay in general. But what you don’t really see above is creativity.
If I choose to write an essay about myself I have to remember that more prestigious people will be reading this. This is a window into me so I am the only person who can control what information I share with the public. If I want to, I can share my entire life story; the ups, downs and middles of life. But I can also choose to be discrete and share only the parts that will make the reader happy. Likewise, I can choose to publish only the parts that would make the reader sad and reflective. But I must choose wisely nonetheless.
If you find yourself struggling with writing an essay about yourself, do not hesitate to call us. We are available 24/7 and are awaiting your call.