Similarities in both dissertation and thesis
There has got to be a plan for everything we do in life. Sometimes it is good to live by the seat of our pants, but other times, it’s important to just live freely. Living freely gives us the right to make our own decisions. Writing a dissertation thesis is not one of those times when we can take it “easily.” There are certain rules and regulations that are recommended in order for us to be successful in our endeavor of writing a dissertation thesis.
The steps that are suggested can be applied to any kind of dissertation whether it being a finance dissertation, or a marketing dissertation. Dissertation thesis may sound strange. But I believe it is just a combination of writing. And the rules for writing apply to both. But first, it is important to note that if you do not have a dissertation topic, it is going to be hard to write either a dissertation or a thesis for that matter.
Without a dissertation thesis topic, beginning the writing process may be difficult. Be careful when choosing your dissertation thesis topic. If you find yourself choosing a topic that is difficult, try to go back and refine your search. Your search is important and you can receive any kind of help you need in order to find the dissertation topic that fits you. Figure out what you are interested in and then go with it.
Keep yourself in check. Dissertation Thesis both require the same or similar treatment. Look at the suggestions below; you may find them useful.
In each piece of writing you need to go through a few stages.
1st. Think About it
2nd. Prepare your proposal
3rd. Writing It
4th. Your defense
Follow the numbers accordingly:
1st. When you think about it, you may want to take your time to actually take in what it is you need to do.
- Be inclusive in your thinking (don’t start off thinking that you need to eliminate, but instead, gather as much thought as possible. Make sure to be expansive with your thinking.
- Write down your ideas (this is like brainstorming, allow yourself to create a graphic organizer that will help you think about what you want to focus on.)
- Be realistic with the time you are willing to spend on this (make sure you know how much time you have and how much time you want to spend on your project.
2nd. You need to make sure your proposal makes sense. This part can only be done after you have “thought about” your project. You can create a mental yes or no checklist for yourself :
- I am familiar with other research that has been done for this topic. (Yes/No)
- I understand the steps that I need to take when doing my research. (Yes/No)
- I feel that I am capable of getting through the steps for research. (Yes/No)
- I am motivated and driven to do this research and project. (Yes/No)
3rd. This is the part that is going to be the most difficult. This is the actual work that needs to be done. Writing is always a fun thing if you enjoy the process. You need to realize that writing in one sitting is not going to happen. This is going to take time. I believe it is a good idea to use your plan of action and go through the writing process chapter by chapter.
- Begin writing the parts you feel most comfortable with.
- Write your dissertation using the real names.
- Print each of the parts of your dissertation on colored paper.
- Use hand drawings for your tables and diagrams.
- Dissertation writing should be clear and unambiguous.
- Do your research and review other dissertations having to do with your topic.
4th. Your defense is very important and probably the 2nd in ranked importance. It is the actual presentation.
- View other defenses before presenting your dissertation to a committee. This will give you ideas and practice.
- Make sure to collaborate and discuss your research with your colleagues.
- Don’t be defensive at your defense.
- Be professional and organize your defense like more of a presentation.
As you can see, dissertation thesis both contain similar prerequisites. In order to have something presentable, you must look at the steps and follow suite to make this more simple.
If you would like any help, do not hesitate to contact us. We are available 24/7 for your writing needs. We have a great team of professional who specialize in this particular area. They want to help you with your writing needs.