The most short-lived and most anxiety-provoking episode among all other dissertation activities is the dissertation defense where you have to orally communicate with the committee members sitting face to face. Obviously, many questions starting from the letter “w” (what, why, whom, who, where, when, which) will surround your mind with nervousness. DissertationService.co.uk understands all dissertation-related nervousness and provides custom dissertation as the solutions of the underlying problems as well.
• This defense episode aims at assessing students’ skills through on-the-spot self presentation. Normally, the whole process lasts only for one to two hours with result following its completion. Although having short time span its preparation may become a time consuming process.
• Obviously, you will have to prepare yourself for how to react and answer to the committee members. Normally, you will have about one month for preparation after the submission of the final dissertation draft. You will have to train yourself logistically as well as psychologically—requiring a good presentation planning and soothing yourself for dissertation defense. Try to avoid the situation of last minute planning.
• As a mental preparation nothing is a better remedy than knowing thyself. Spare more time to this if your individuality demands for; if not so, then, you can give more attention to the presentation activities.
• After knowing yourself, knowing your committee will be the helpful factor. You should try to know by utilizing your social groups the likes and dislikes, likely perspectives and questions, and past experiences of the committee members. If you cannot do so, then, you must review the feedback already given by the committee.
• For the logistics, the procedure and structure are important to first know and then to follow because they widely differ from program to program. You should consult your chair and your fellow students for the specifications. Showing the presentation outline to the chair is also advantageous.
• Below are few important tips for a better dissertation defense.
Research questions, apparatus, and analyses : These are the best things to start your presentation with explaining the relevance.
Findings : In a straightforward manner present your major findings in short along with the data supporting your conclusions.
Compact view : It is out of question that you can present all details of the entire dissertation project within such a short time. So, try to do with an approach of as much as you can.
Rehearsal : For better performance practicing before real presentation with supporting aids such as PowerPoint, laptop, audio-visual device, etc. will help a lot. Remember that practice makes man perfect.
Professional environment : Formal apparel, impressive behavior, good manners will create a sense of professionalism helping your performance.
• Considering all likely interruptions, arguments, and questions a presentation lasting only 10 to 15 minutes will suffice; they will also engage in discussing and arguing to each other.
During dissertation defense, listening to their multilateral arguments may become helpful to your probable revision. Remember that the committee members are more interested in knowing what you did rather than the dissertation literature review. Therefore, focusing more on the results and relevant discussion is a wise step forward. For our qualities and policies you can easily view the homepage and see what better dissertation help you can expect from DissertationService.co.uk.